Re: Sysinst default root login shell

Jukka Ruohonen wrote:
> Whatever the resolution is, can we get a fix ASAP.  Keeping the test
> infrastructure broken can be expensive.

The test infrastructure is now running again, by explicitly execing
/bin/sh immediately after login.

This particular kind of test infrastructure breakage is actually less
harmful in the long run than the usual breakage that happens when
developers commit code that doesn't even compile, because now that the
infrastructure has been fixed, the tests that failed to run can easily
be rerun retroactively (since it's all done using date-based checkouts
anyway), and I have already rerun some of them on i386 to narrow down
the cause of the fdoff test failure.  But when the tree doesn't even
build, the tests can't be run at all.

Although the tests are now running again, we should still IMHO change
the default in src/etc/master.passwd to /bin/sh, not for the benefit
of the tests, but for the benefit of our users.
--
Andreas Gustafsson, gson%gson.org@localhost