Re: /etc/resolvconf.conf works differently now

On 27/03/2012 21:16, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
On Tue, 27 Mar 2012, Roy Marples wrote:

On 27/03/2012 6:42, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
I had "nameserver xx.xx.xx.xx;" and now it wants
"nameserver=xx.xx.xx.xx".
Just something I ran across today and wasted some time on. Maybe we
should have been given a HEADS-UP?

Are you confusing resolvconf.conf(5) with resolv.conf(5)?
I recently updated resolvconf(8), but the format of either file hasn't changed.

resolv.conf is being generated by resolvconf (which, I understand, uses
resolvconf.conf). As of yesterday afternoon, the nameserver line is
missing and the machine can't get out. After checking the man pages, I saw that the nameserver line in resolvconf.conf was of the wrong format
(not sure when that happened) and changing it fixed resolv.conf.

Am I confused? Yes. Did confuse resolvconf.conf and resolv.conf? No.

I think the error was with a default value generating resolv.conf from resolvconf(8).
I've imported openresolv-3.5.1 which should fix this issue.

Thanks

Roy