Re: memory corruption [Re: try KMGUARD]

On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 23:11:09 +0100
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 03:59:24PM +0200, Andreas Gustafsson wrote:
> > Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > > And another one. It looks like all corruptions occurs in bss for
> > > me ...
> >
> > Let's see if src/sys/netinet/rfc6056.c 1.5 fixes it.
>
> This seems to fix the issue for me; running atf-run in a loop caused
> the system to stop by lack of ressources (there are rump_server
> processes that don't stop and filled memory), but I didn't get any
> panic after hours of runs. It looks like this issue is fixed for me.
>
> please request a pullup to netbsd-6.

I saw 3 panics in the space of a few hours yesterday with netbsd-6
without this patch.  I've been running netbsd-6 with this patch (and
DEBUG and debug_freecheck) for the past 8 hours, and no panic so far...
Thanks for this fix!

(And count me in favor of a pullup to netbsd-6 :) )

Later...

Greg Oster