Re: try KMGUARD

On Wed, 7 Mar 2012, Mindaugas Rasiukevicius wrote:

Hello,

Paul Goyette <paul%whooppee.com@localhost> wrote:
I think I initially described some unexplained crashes back in October of
last year:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2011/10/14/msg018065.html

Not the same ones as Andreas reported, and not the same as what I've seen
most recently in my own test-bed:

Debugging such memory corruptions is difficult.  Can you try running with
KMGUARD enabled?  See the bottom of kmem(9) man page how to enable it.

One might need to try different depth levels as the system can run out of
memory very quickly.  This requires 64-bit machine, e.g. amd64 (i386 would
run out of KVA) with lots of RAM.

I will see what I can do here. The qemu test environment runs with fairly limited memory (only 128M) so I suspect that will need to be (drastically?) increased? (My host has 32GB of real RAM but not sure how much qemu can support.)

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |