Re: try KMGUARD

Hello,

Paul Goyette <paul%whooppee.com@localhost> wrote:
> I think I initially described some unexplained crashes back in October of
> last year:
>
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2011/10/14/msg018065.html
>
> Not the same ones as Andreas reported, and not the same as what I've seen
> most recently in my own test-bed:

Debugging such memory corruptions is difficult.  Can you try running with
KMGUARD enabled?  See the bottom of kmem(9) man page how to enable it.

One might need to try different depth levels as the system can run out of
memory very quickly.  This requires 64-bit machine, e.g. amd64 (i386 would
run out of KVA) with lots of RAM.

--
Mindaugas