Re: Netbooting a sparc64 (netbsd-6)

        Hello.  On cisco 2924 switches, you can give the command:
spanning-tree portfast default
in the main configuration mode to turn off the 15 second auto-negotiation
process.  This should cause things to come up much faster.  The trade off
is that if you inadvertently introduce a loop into your switch topology,
you may experience a brief outage while the spanning-tree protocol
calculates where the loop is and disables the port.  The 15 second delay at
link up time prevents this outage possibility at the expense of slow
initial connect times.
-Brian