Re: Hang/reboot with -current and umidi on i386

Iain Hibbert <plunky%rya-online.net@localhost> writes:

> if you could construct a set of commands that would produce that error
> surely somebody might be able to work that out..

It was really just "cat < /dev/music > music.out", then playing a few
notes on a synth, and aborting the cat with ctrl-c.  (I did this to
check that I'd get something that I could then cat back to /dev/music,
and hear the synth correctly play back what I'd played.)  The error
message would come immediately on ctrl-c, and the device would disappear
from the 'midiplay -l' output.  The system would then crash at shutdown.

-tih
--
"The market" is a bunch of 28-year-olds who don't know anything. --Paul Krugman