Re: ahcisata & SPL NOT LOWERED ON EXIT messages

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 05:57:53PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 04:12:55PM +0100, Nicolas Joly wrote:
> > > But ahcisata shouldn't call panic from these places when dumping core,
> > > isn't it ?
> >
> > It should not. But, looks like it does in my case ... and the screen
> > output is totally garbled :(
>
> Because other CPUs are not halted as they should when a panic occurs.
> This may be the primary cause of the issue in ahcisata ...

BTW, I have the same issue with is totally unrelated to ahcisata:
it's a amd64 SMP domU so no ahcisata involved here at all, and it
doesn't try to dump either:
panic: HYPERVISOR_mmu_update failedW, ArReNtIeWN ApG-ARRN:2N
GGP                                                          NNS
:L  S SPNLPOp LTuN  3OLN:TOO W LTEBO ReWLEEODR gWOiEEDnNR   EODNtTr
RaOAcSNYePS  CEbTAaRLcXALIkPT.   .60X I
0 1                         T-
642 5405
2 EXIT f7ff7000 6
WARNING: ASRPNLI NNGO:T  SLPOLW ENROETD  LOONW ETRREADP  OENXI TT R6A P0
OT LOWWEARRENDI NOGN:  TSRPALP  NEOXTI TL O6W E0R                        W
                                                 WEyDA RONN ITRAPN GE:XR INSTIP
NL6G  :N0 O