Re: "core's rules" (was Re: heads up again: quotas)

On Wed, Feb 01, 2012 at 10:18:13AM -0600, David Young wrote:
 > On Wed, Feb 01, 2012 at 06:10:24AM +0000, David Holland wrote:
 > > I've also left quotactl(8) still capable of handling the proplib XML
 > > RPC bundles. It does so with its own copy of the proplib interpreter,
 > > so it should continue to work indefinitely. It will be removed in a
 > > few days because it violates core's rules about XML as a user
 > > interface; however, if anyone wants it after that it can be retrieved
 > > from the Attic or even packaged in pkgsrc.
 >
 > What are "core's rules about XML as a user interface"?  Please cite an
 > authorized message from core or core minutes.

Why don't you search the core minutes yourself? You're much more
likely to find something that satisfies (or not) your concerns.

I do have an authorized message from core approving the removal of
quotactl(8) on these grounds; plus the point was raised in public
during the last big bikeshedding round. Referring to that might help.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost