Re: How to get into ddb after system is booted?

Hi,

Since I really only need to update a single memory location (to enable some
additional printf's), can this be done with gdb on the running machine? Can I
make
gdb write to /dev/mem or /dev/kmem ?

Of course you can.  Just gdb the running kernel (use netbsd.gdb if
you still have it available for the running kernel), using either
"-write" as an option or enter a "set write" command, and then do a
"target kvm /dev/mem" (assuming you have proper permissions).

Ciao,
Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang%Solfrank.net@localhost                         Wolfgang Solfrank