How to get into ddb after system is booted?

I've got a system with both serial and USB keyboard attached, and I would like to get into ddb after the system has booted (to single-user mode). I've verified that ddb.fromconsole is set and I've used hw.cnmagic to create a keystroke sequence "QQ" (0x51 0x51) but it does not get me into ddb.

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at    |