Re: sqlite3.pc missing includedir & libdir

On 21 December 2011 14:31, Joerg Sonnenberger
<joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 02:19:14PM +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
>> Akonadi's cmake configure logic extracts the includedir from
>> sqlite3.pc, in order to poke around in sqlite3.h.
>> You can argue that it shouldn't be doing that, and that it, and
>> anything else that  should be patched.
>
> Exactly, it shouldn't do that.
>
>> However, all of the .pc files I can find on a RedHat box, all of the
>> *.pc files on my NetBSD system with non empty Libs define and use
>> includedir, except for sqlite3.pc (*).
>
> It is the common style, because it is easier to change prefix that way.
> But that's it.

Looking into this further.

cmake appears to provide a documented interface for extracting values
from pkg-config
http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/cmake-2-8-docs.html#module:FindPkgConfig
including ..._LIBRARY_DIRS and ..._INCLUDE_DIRS

Partial though I may be to an occasional tilt at windmills, I think in
this case the rest of the world
has expectations on what pkg-config should contain which all of the
other examples I can find
meet, but sqlite3.pc does now.

Would you have any objections to me updating sqlite3.pc to this same
common style?