Re: sqlite3.pc missing includedir & libdir

On 21 December 2011 13:21, Joerg Sonnenberger
<joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 12:34:09PM +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
>> I'm just playing with building akonadi-1.5.3 against the builtin
>> sqlite3 from NetBSD-current and it fails
>> to configure because the shipped /usr/lib/pkgconfig/sqlite3.pc does
>> not define includedir or libdir.
>
> I don't see the point in defining them. The .pc file doesn't contain any
> LDFLAGS or CFLAGS and packages really shouldn't extract variables by
> hand.

Hmm, looking at /usr/lib/pkgconfig/atf-c++.pc &
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/atf-c.pc thet both define
includedir, libdir, and then use them as:

Cflags: -I${includedir}
Libs: -L${libdir} [...]

So for consistency should:
- sqlite3.pc define Cflags & Libs similarly
- includedir definitions and references removed from atf-c++.pc and atf-c.pc
- something else?