Trouble booting from thumb drive...

I just got a new HP Proliant Microserver, which is a really great piece of
hardware, but I ran into an obstacle installing NetBSD on it.   It doesn't have
a DVD drive, so I copied a NetBSD install iso onto a thumb drive and booted off
of that.   The thumb drive fails to boot.

WRT the wicking, I'm more concerned about up-splash, but maybe I'm being overly
paranoid.

The irony that I demanded a bunch of metal brackets for the deck, and now we're
talking about screwing a piece of PT directly to the zip sheathing, is not lost
on me... :)