Re: Automated email notifications of NetBSD-current build failures

On Wed, 2 Nov 2011 20:03:18 +0200
Andreas Gustafsson <gson%gson.org@localhost> wrote:

> This would mean sending the notifications to a public mailing list.
> I propose using the current-users list, because there is already an
> established practice of manually reporting -current build breakage
> there, and the automated notifications are not that different from the
> reports that are already being sent by hand, just hopefully more
> timely, reliable, and complete.

I think automatic notifications are a good idea too.

Assuming the build tree is broken, what would be the frequency of the
reports?  Also, at most one report would be sent for the same broken
CVS state?

Although the originator (currently "NetBSD Test Fixture") would already
be fixed and unique, it would probably also be good for the Subject
field to also have an easily recognizable prefix, perhaps like
"Releng-Failure: " or the like?

Thanks,
--
Matt