another data point (was Re: acpi_vbios_reset hangs while vbetool works (Was: sporadic failure to wakeup from S3))

At Tue, 6 Sep 2011 18:25:32 +0100,
David Brownlee wrote:

> 2011/9/5 Marko Schütz Schmuck <MarkoSchuetz%web.de@localhost>:
> > At Mon, 05 Sep 2011 15:14:02 -0400,
> > Marko Schütz Schmuck wrote:

> > now using machdep.acpi_vbios_reset=0 together with appropriate vbetool
> > invocations in /etc/powerd/scripts/sleep_button and I haven't had the
> > failure to wake since, but it's only been a short time...
> >
> > When using 5.0.2 I never had to set machdep.acpi_vbios_reset=0 nor did
> > I have to use vbetool.

the problem persists: I still have sporadic failure to wake from
S3. It does not seem to make a difference whether I use

machdep.acpi_vbios_reset=0

with vbetool or

machdep.acpi_vbios_reset=1

I'm wondering whether the problem might lie with some other part of
the wake-up other than vbios. Any ideas?

Best regards,

Marko