Re: Help with cnmagic

On Thu, 8 Sep 2011, Martin Husemann wrote:

On Thu, Sep 08, 2011 at 09:28:55AM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
I don't think wskbd honours cnmagic, but always will invoke ddb for you if
the keyboard is attached as console.

... with the key(s) defined to do that via wskbd bindings (wsconsctl,

Hmmm, either I am totally clueless (highly probable) or the man pages in this area are woefully inadequate.

The wscons.conf(5) page gives a hint that maybe I should be using wsconsctl(8) to update the map, but the man page for wsconsctl(8) has only a single example which doesn't at all explain the format of how to set the key bindings. It does give a small example for "keysym CapsLock", but this doesn't give even the slightest hint of how to encode a "3-finger salute" (Ctrl+Alt+Esc).

wsconsctl(8) man page also refers to /usr/include/dev/wscons/wsksymdef.h but there doesn't seem to be any clues in there either on how to do what I'm attempting.

Even looking at the output from 'wsconsctl map' command doesn't help. I see that there are several keycodes which have multiple bindings, so perhaps the additional bindings are selected based on modifier keys? Yet nothing gives a hint as to which (combination of) modifiers (Shift, Ctrl, Alt) is needed to select the 2nd (or 3rd) entry in the map line.

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at    |