Re: Help with cnmagic

On Thu, 8 Sep 2011, Martin Husemann wrote:

On Thu, Sep 08, 2011 at 09:28:55AM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
I don't think wskbd honours cnmagic, but always will invoke ddb for you if
the keyboard is attached as console.

... with the key(s) defined to do that via wskbd bindings (wsconsctl,
/etc/wscons.conf)

Hmmm, either I am totally clueless (highly probable) or the man pages in this area are woefully inadequate.

The wscons.conf(5) page gives a hint that maybe I should be using wsconsctl(8) to update the map, but the man page for wsconsctl(8) has only a single example which doesn't at all explain the format of how to set the key bindings. It does give a small example for "keysym CapsLock", but this doesn't give even the slightest hint of how to encode a "3-finger salute" (Ctrl+Alt+Esc).

wsconsctl(8) man page also refers to /usr/include/dev/wscons/wsksymdef.h but there doesn't seem to be any clues in there either on how to do what I'm attempting.

Even looking at the output from 'wsconsctl map' command doesn't help. I see that there are several keycodes which have multiple bindings, so perhaps the additional bindings are selected based on modifier keys? Yet nothing gives a hint as to which (combination of) modifiers (Shift, Ctrl, Alt) is needed to select the 2nd (or 3rd) entry in the map line.

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |