Re: C compiler cannot create executables

On Mon, 22 Aug 2011 23:15:00 +0000
bch%methodlogic.net@localhost wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 07:13:18PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> >
> >   I'm running -current, updated as of yesterday, 21.08, and, while
> >   gcc can compile simple C programs, when I try to rebuild all my packages,
> >   I get the error stated in the subject. Anyone else seeing this? The
> >
> > Check that /tmp is writable, not full, etc.  I have seen that error
> > caused by /tmp mess before.
>
> not mounted noexec...
>
> -bch
>
> --
> Brad Harder
> Method Logic Digital Consulting
> http://methodlogic.net/
> http://twitter.com/bcharder

No, /tmp doesm't have its own partition, and / has 2.7 G of free space.

ls -lh / | grep tmp
drwxrwxrwt   4 root  wheel  512B Aug 22 15:07 tmp

I'll try to create the missing file as suggested and report back. Thank you all
for your help.

--
Rares Aioanei