C compiler cannot create executables

Hello all,

I'm running -current, updated as of yesterday, 21.08, and, while
gcc can compile simple C programs, when I try to rebuild all my packages,
I get the error stated in the subject. Anyone else seeing this? The sistem is a
vbox guest, i386 with a single line in mk.conf - 'ACCEPTABLE_LICENSES+=
vim-license'. The commands I used for rebuilding are taken from
http://wiki-static.aydogan.net/How_to_upgrade_packages :

-pkg_info -Q PKGPATH -a > pkgs_i_want_to_have
-pkg_info -a | sed 's/ .*//' | tail -r | while read p ; do pkg_delete $p ; done
-cat pkgs_i_want_to_have |
   (while read pp ; do cd /usr/pkgsrc/$pp ; make && make install ; done)

TIA,

--
Rares Aioanei