Re: Upgrading from 5.1_STABLE to 5.99.46 on Sun Fire V100

On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 09:21:28AM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 04:21:26PM -0500, Rafal Boni wrote:
> > Adding a loop in of_enter_i2c_devs() that checks for the 'i2c' child
> > device and enumerates its' children if found gets me the missing i2c
> > devices, but I'm not sure if I should skip all the smbus devices or
> > not (and if so, how best to detect the situation):
>
> I would move the check to device_register, detect the smbus, find the child
> node and just call of_enter_i2c_devs() for that.

Detecting the smbus is the bit I'm not so clear about; all we have is an OFW
node for the PMU on the PCI bus...

I guess I could always look for the "i2c" child node directly in
device_register() and call of_enter_i2c_devs() on it, but the thing I'm
not sure if is the code that's there was written that way because there
are HW configurations where the iic devices do hang directly off the OFW
parent of the IIC bus...

--rafal

--
  Time is an illusion; lunchtime, doubly so.     |/\/\|           Rafal Boni
                   -- Ford Prefect               |\/\/|