gpt, wedges and raidframe on -current

All,

in the light of gpt disks being bootable
<http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.os.netbsd.ports.i386/14670> I decided to
set up a new 500 GB disk pair as raid1 with gpt(8) and wedges.

I set up a gpt table for the entire disk of type raid, defined dk0 as a
wedge of type raidframe, then constructed a degraded one-disk raid1 like in
<http://kuparinen.org/martti/comp/raid/raid.html>.

Next, I set up a gpt on raid1 with a few partitions, finally created the
wedges (dk1 .. dk5) and newfs'ed them.

So far, accessing the dk[1345] filesystems is fine both from netbsd-5 and
-current. But the bootxx_ffsv2 installed on dk0 won't find /boot.

A test gpt installation on another disk without raidframe boots just fine.
So, why does the primary bootstrap not find dk1 on raid0, and /boot on it?

        hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-3281