Re: acpicpu(4) strangeness

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 10:27:28AM -0800, Dustin Marquess wrote:
> hw.acpi.cpu.dynamic = 1
> hw.acpi.cpu.passive = 1
>
> However the old est values appear to be wrong:
>
> machdep.est.frequency.target = 900
> machdep.est.frequency.current = 900
> machdep.est.frequency.available = 900 600

Is the above output directly after a boot? Unlike previously, also the
'machdep.est.frequency.available' may change upon requests from the firmware
(e.g.  excessive heat due heavy load), provided that the hw.acpi.cpu.dynamic
variable is true.

Otherwise please send me the acpidump(8) output and the dmesg when booted
with -x -v (see boothowto(8)). As usual with ACPI, we try to do strict
validation of the input data and evaluation against the specification, so it
may be that we bypass a P-state due a small firmware bug (e.g. type error,
wrong buffer size, etc.).

- Jukka.