Re: Recent netbsd-5 changes seem to make (autoconfig) raidframe trouble

On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 21:01:39 +1100
matthew green <mrg%eterna.com.au@localhost> wrote:

> i booted up my pegasosII that hadn't been for ages, and it has
> manifested this problem as well.
>
> i added a little bit of instrumentation, and the block we expected to
> be zero'ed for this is not for my case, and i assume for yours
> either.  eg:
>
>   numBlocksHi/numBlocks 42a0aff1/04a25580
>
> is what i found, and the 0x42a0aff1 should be zero here.
>
> greg, can you comment on this at all?  i'm not sure what we should do.
> i'm sure i can work around this for my own case, but this seems like
> something we should be able to figure out ourselves.

Sorry for the delay in responding...  :(

I think all we need to do is to make a call to getdisksize() were
numBlocksHi is being set in rf_disks.c:rf_AutoConfigureDisks().  The
necessary ac->vp sitting right there, so that should be easy.  It's
then just a matter of determining if ((numBlocksHi<<32)+numBlocks) is
larger than the size that the disklabel claims.  (and, if so,
discounting the numBlocksHi field, and setting it back to zero so that
it's correct the next time...)

Later...

Greg Oster