Re: About that horrible polluting mDNS stuff?

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 10:18:00PM +0100, Adam Hoka wrote:
 > > > afaik its not enabled by default (eg.: just dont start mdns)
 > >
 > > Read the thread - the problem is ntpd trying to contact mdns.
 >
 > which is not enabled, so nothing will be registered
 > the only problem i see is ntpd spamming on console

Does it need the local mdns service in order to contact random other
mdns servers that might exist on the local network? The ntpd code
isn't clear, the interface it's using is AFAICT undocumented, it's not
clear where else to look, and I don't know enough about how mdns works
to be certain one way or the other.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost