Re: heads up (namei)

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 08:52:35PM +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> > I just (finally) committed the next round of namei stuff. This changed
> > every namei call site, so there's plenty of room for me to have
> > screwed up.
>
> I wonder if Core didn't require peer review on tech-kern
> for such large changes...

These changes have been discussed on tech-kern in 2008 in the thread
"Cleaning up namei".

As far as I'm concerned, the changes were reviewed already.  Still,
franky, I have no recollection of the contents/conclusions of that
thread, so some summary of what's been done and what remains might
be good.