I have two other systems with the same CPU and similar ASUS mobo.
One of these other systems is my primary build-server.  The
motherboards differ only in detail features:

        #1 - M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3
        #2 - M4A88TD-M
        #3 - M4A88T-M

#1 is my main build server, and although it does occassionally run
into an unexpected segmentation fault, it has never been repeatable,
and it has never been consistent routinely run "build.sh -j12" on
this machine.

#2 is my primary workhorse machine (mail server, etc.), and has a
slightly slower CPU - Phenom-II X6 1065T @ 2.8HGz, and has never
shown any oddness.

#3 is the dedicated build-and-testbed that I'm trying to get set up.
(The intent is to repeatedly build and atf-test on a more-or-less
continuous basis.)  #3 is where I'm having such great difficulty.

Hum, #3 has a different southbridge, but also supports lower speed
memory only (1866(O.C.)/1333/1066 vs 2000(O.C.)/1600/1333/1066).

What memory do you have ? Does it match the motherboard specification ?

Memory was my first suspicion.  I started with 2x2GB of Kingston memory:

spdmem2: DDR3 SDRAM, no ECC, no temp-sensor, 2GB, 1333MHz (PC3-10666)
spdmem2: 11 rows, 13 cols, 8 log. banks, 2 phys. banks, 1.500ns cycle time
spdmem2: tAA-tRCD-tRP-tRAS: 9-9-9-24

When the problems first manifested, I replaced that with 2x2GB from Corsair:

spdmem1: DDR3 SDRAM, no ECC, no temp-sensor, 2GB, 1333MHz (PC3-10666)
spdmem1: 12 rows, 13 cols, 8 log. banks, 1 phys. banks, 1.500ns cycle time
spdmem1: tAA-tRCD-tRP-tRAS: 8-8-8-24

I'm currently running with all 8GB installed.

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |