Re: NetBSD 5.1 RC3 in production

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 13:58:43 +0100, Hugo Silva <hugo%barafranca.com@localhost>
wrote:
> Robert Elz wrote:
> FIY, I've seen this behaviour with a (old: NetBSD 5.99.25) -current
> system running xen.. usually up for about 60 days, then reboots. Nothing

> in the logs.

Add "noreboot" to the boot.cfg line for Xen (or at the end of the Xen line
in menu.lst with GRUB):

menu=Boot Xen-HVM:load /netbsd_XEN3_DOM0 console=pc;multiboot /xen.gz
dom0_mem=<foo> noreboot

In case of crash, you have a chance of seeing it, instead of a hard
reboot.

In the event that it does not work, there is a good chance that the
hardware is failing somewhere -- you really need a nasty dom0 (driver bug,
or compromised host) for it to successfully "powercycle" the hypervisor
without it knowing.

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost