Re: NetBSD 5.1 RC3 in production

    Date:        Mon, 20 Sep 2010 06:30:59 +0700
    From:        Robert Elz <kre%munnari.OZ.AU@localhost>

  | It's actually raid 0, (sliced) - just for performance, I'm not trying
  | to survive disc deaths.

Actually, I forgot, when I moved to NetBSD 5 I retained all the NetBSD 4
system unchanged, I put root on a raid5, and somehow, swap moved to it as
well (I didn't really plan that) - so for now (from dmesg) ...

root on raid5a dumps on raid5b

(and raid5 is a RAID 5).    There's no good reason for not reusing the
NetBSD 4 system's swap space, so I could go back to that one.  Eventually,
once I'm really committed to using NetBSD 5 (which won't be until after 5.1
is released, at the earliest), I'll destroy the old NetBSD 4 system and
move root and swap (and usr, etc) all back to where they used to be.

Incidentally, thanks for raidframe's autoconfig - to switch around which
sustem gets used, all I need is
        raidctl -A yes raid1
        raidctl -A root raid5
(or vice versa).  And next reboot, everything just works (the different
roots (raid1a and raid5a) have their own fstab's with sane /usr /usr/pkg etc.
of course).

kre