Re: any support for Atheros AR9285 wireless and AR8132 ethernet?

HI Pierre,

thanks for posting the patches,

I'm not entirely familiar with kernel drivers, (look forward to working with them though)
have some simple questions...

from your post:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-bugs/2010/03/20/msg016726.html

> in srs/sys/dev/pci :
> - apply patch 1 : http://perso.crans.org/~allegraud/alc1.patch
> - regenerate pcidevs*.h
> - apply patch 2 : http://perso.crans.org/~allegraud/alc2.patch
> - add dev alc in your kernel config

I'm getting stuck on the last step

adding "alc* at pci? dev? function?"

gives me the following message when I try to config the kernel

% config MY_SHINY_NEW_KERNEL
"error unknown device 'alc'"

is there a different syntax I should be using to add the "alc" device to my kernel config?

~fire crow
fire%firecrow.com@localhost : +1 917.306.9451
http://firecrow.com : New York City, USA