Re: High performance random-access disk operations (Raidframe?)

On May 15, 2010, at 21:59, Matthew Mondor wrote:
Some other tips to enhance random read/query performance, depending on
your application:

If the data set is small enough to fit in RAM and can be volatile (and
initial reading to RAM isn't prohibitive), by all means use RAM if
possible.  If you can't control the storage format or software, an
in-memory FS could be used...

Nope. Good advice, but in my case, I'm talking about tens of gigabytes for a squid cache, so the dataset is too large for an in- memory option.

                   - Chris