Re: introduction

On Fri, May 07, 2010 at 12:24:51PM -0400, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> I don't know about "understandable" -- it's aimed at 8-bit microcontrollers.
> However, hopefully its type usage is not too crazy and it could be reasonably
> used in a 32-bit environment.

That is the critical issue. Many of the micro-network stacks are
developed for extremely underpowered environment, e.g. almost no memory,
no space for code etc. That is often results in a number of critical
constraints and hacks in the code. While libsa is somewhat space
constrained, it is not extremely limited. boot(8) on x86 is almost 64KB.
Memory is normally not an issue.

Joerg