Re: Enabling NX bit on Xen ports?

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 10:44:43 +0200, Manuel Bouyer
> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 01:31:53AM +0200, Jean-Yves Migeon wrote:
>> Dear list,
>> As some of you have noticed, I passed some hours through x86 code
>> around the NXE feature (makes possible to mark specific memory pages
>> as not being executable).
>> I propose to enable the feature under Xen, by removing the mask
>> regarding CPUID_NOX (see patch attached).
>> Currently, the feature is disabled, for unknown reasons (at least by
>> me). I quickly tested it under i386 and amd64.
>> [...]
>> Opinions? Am I missing something?
> Did you test with both Xen31 and Xen33 ?

The only part I did not test is PAE kernel over Xen31. Sadly, I can't
really say much on the Xen31 case; in QEMU, wd chokes and keeps logging
"lost interrupt" messages with Xen 3.1. As my laptop has no NX support, the
feature is disabled, with or without PAE :/

If there is a corner case I did not see, please tell me.

Jean-Yves Migeon