Re: Backup solutions for NetBSD?

At Tue, 13 Apr 2010 18:26:12 -0500, "John Palmer"
<jpalmer%american-webmasters.net@localhost> wrote:
Subject: Backup solutions for NetBSD?

> Anyone know of a good backup appliance that is compatible with NetBSD/Unix
> dump?
>
> I'm not sure that the Barracuda backup solution supports UNIX dump from the
> client side.

Any appliance that supports NFS can be used with rdiff-backup (in pkgsrc).

Indeed some appliances even support SSH and presumably could support at
least rsync, if not also rdiff-backup.

I haven't used dump(8) since I got too much dirt in my Exabyte tape
drive nearly a decade ago.  (at the time I used Amanda with it, using
dump as the underlying mechanism)

--
                                                Greg A. Woods
                                                Planix, Inc.