Re: Intel Centrino 6300 Ultimate-N adapter

On Wed, Apr 07, 2010 at 04:00:36PM -0700, B Harder wrote:

> Hi Sverre -- I am interested... I've actually already got the 6000-4
> firmware, got the pcidevs setup, and worked w/ the existing driver
> code to get the device attached... at this point, it's failing w/
> eeprom errors (two of them, don't recall what there are, at the
> moment). If you've got something in some state of "working", you're
> further ahead than I am, though, and I'd love to see that code.

As you have discovered, it is highly unlikely that you can just add
the device to pci devs and use the current iwn driver to make it
work.  I would expect that the interface to the firmware on the card
is slightly different, requiring different command structures.  This
can happen even between versions of firmware on the same hardware.  I
am not sure how different our iwn driver is from the OpenBSD one these
days, perhaps patching in the card specific code from their driver
would be possible.

--
Brett Lymn
"Warning: