Re: Intel Centrino 6300 Ultimate-N adapter

On 4/7/10, Sverre Froyen <sverre%viewmark.com@localhost> wrote:
> On Wed April 7 2010 09:50:33 B Harder wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> We're missing pcidevs + driver entries for the Intel Centrino 6300
>> Ultimate-N 802.11 adapater (Vendor 0x8086, Device 0x4238). Is this
>> ommission deliberate at this point, or can I safely update pcidevs +
>> iwn(4) to try to get this working on my Thinkpad t410 (amd64
>> -current)? This driver -does- require a firmware load; it appears Open
>> + FreeBSD are associating it w/ the above driver currently, though.
>>

> This device is in the OpenBSD iwn driver as
>
> PCI_VENDOR_INTEL PCI_PRODUCT_INTEL_WIFI_LINK_6000_3X3_2
>
> It was added after the NetBSD current driver was ported so I am guessing it
> would not work. I have been working on a more recent port that I could send
> you to test. You would need to add the pcidevs entry and uncomment the
> proper
> line in the driver. You would also need to get the firmware.

Hi Sverre -- I am interested... I've actually already got the 6000-4
firmware, got the pcidevs setup, and worked w/ the existing driver
code to get the device attached... at this point, it's failing w/
eeprom errors (two of them, don't recall what there are, at the
moment). If you've got something in some state of "working", you're
further ahead than I am, though, and I'd love to see that code.

Cheers,

-bch

--
-bch