Re: dtrace + fbt provider

2010/3/21 Darran Hunt <>:
> On 21/03/2010, at 4:54 PM, Stathis Kamperis wrote:
>>> Is it a separate kernel module?  I think it was in our local source tree
>>> originally.
>>> Thor
>> I don't know, but I did first:
>> modload solaris
>> modload dtrace
>> Also, I've set the various mk.conf variables + configured my kernel as
>> per the wiki dtrace page. And in any case, it works, it just doesn't
>> seem to support the 'fbt' provider.
>> I would appreciate any hint on how to unlock this feature, if it is of
>> course supported.
> You should be able to load the fbt module (modload fbt) and the sdt module,
> after that dtrace -l will list all of the FBT probes and a few SDT probes.
> I'll update the wiki on this.
> Cheers,
> Darran.

Hey Darran; first million thanks for your work on porting DTrace :)

Second, I can update the wiki page, don't waste time on such mundane tasks.

Third, I get a 100% reproducible kernel panic, every time I use an fbt
entry point.

It doesn't matter which function I hook into, the system will crash
Unfortunately, I don't have a swap partition (epic fail), so I can't
set up a dump device and provide you a core.

Mind that netbsd is running as virtualbox guest in an opensolaris host.

Again, thanks for your work.

Best regards,