Re: Termcap/Terminfo change in vi behavior?

On 08/03/2010 13:27, Paul Goyette wrote:
I've just updated my amd64 5.99.24 (-current) system of Jan 21 to
March 6. Everything seems to have gone well, except for the terminal
"bell", which no longer works inside of vi!

The bell works fine otherwise. If I'm running tcsh and try to use a
left- or right-arrow key to edit beyond the ends of the current
command line, the bell/buzzer sounds.

However, when in vi, I get only a "visual bell" when, for example, I
 press ESC while not in insert mode. Instead of the bell/buzzer, I
get only a "blink" of the window.

I see this also.
For reference, I think it's a vi issue as:
imfocmp reports the bell
tput bel (or tput bl) sounds the bell fine
vim sounds the bell fine, as does sh with cursor beyond line
vi does not even flash the window when inside a tmux session

Saying all of that, I did patch vi to work with our new terminfo, but don't see anyting that would have affected this ...

Thanks

Roy