Re: fsck seg fault failure on vmware -i386?

On Tue, Feb 09, 2010 at 06:49:07PM +0700, Robert Elz wrote:
 >   | The "right" way is to set DBG=-g, which can be done on the make
 >   | command line.
 > Thanks, that's useful to know.   But I had the impression the desire was
 > to get this to happen with a build using rather than directly
 > using make -

You can do " -V DBG=-g", although that's going to take gobs of
disk space.

 > creates an environment where the entire build happens
 > in a consistent manner, almost regardless of the host environment, just
 > using make allows what is in the environment (like the host's /usr/include)
 > to heavily influence what gets built and how.

Well, yes and no, depending on exactly how you run make, and whether
you run just make or $TOOLDIR/bin/nbmake-foo, and a million other

Anyway, it doesn't seem relevant for this thread any more...

David A. Holland