Re: HEADS UP: terminfo imported into -current

On Fri, 5 Feb 2010, Roy Marples wrote:

On 02/05/10 06:36, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
On Wed, 3 Feb 2010, Roy Marples wrote:

Hi List

I've now imported my terminfo implementation into -current and removed
termcap. terminfo provides a backwards compatable termcap interface
(minus the NetBSD extensions).

Everything should still work just as before, with the below exceptions:

* Any 3rd party programs using the termcap API NetBSD extensions
will have to be reworked.

* termcap -> terminfo translation is not provided.
As such $TERMCAP is ignored and tset -s no longer reports it.
If you maintain your own definitions you will now have to manage
them your personal terminfo databases.
This is described in tic(1).

So I deleted my termcap.db and rebuilt all my packages because I
was getting termcap errors from xterm. Is that about what I need to do
to test for this change?

You should not have needed to do anything.
The xterm error has already been fixed, so your sources are probably a little out of date.

I'm not talking about the build fix, I'm talking about the shell hocking
up errors. Come to think it it, it might have been tcsh. I didn't write
any errors down, just rebuilt all my packages based on something someone
else said on the thread.

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd%twofifty.com@localhost