Re: correct way to install sets?

Also, the mtree specification files for the sets you unpack should be in
/etc/mtree I believe (I don't have a NetBSD host in front of me to
confirm this, however) so you may be able to use mtree to fix
perms/ownerships as well ...

Have used this once or twice in the past myself, so was wondering why
others didn't mention this - it is especially useful if the tar file you
have doesn't contain the correct perms/ownerships (ie, if it had been
created without -p) as adding the -p option on extraction wouldn't then
get you what you want either ...

Hope that helps,

Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally                                                left