Re: Kingston Datatraveler G2 failure under amd64 5.0.1

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 3:00 PM, David Holland
<dholland-current%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 09:16:43PM +0100, Dieter Baron wrote:
>  > connecting my Kingston DataTraveler G2 on an amd64 5.0.1 box, I get
>  > the following:
>  >
>  > sd0(umass0:0:0:0): generic HBA error
>  > sd0: drive offline
>  >
>  >   Any ideas what's gonig wrong, or how to deug/fix it?
>
> "the usual USB suckage" :-/
>
> There have been some USB fixes in current, and at least some of them
> are in 5.0_STABLE, so trying that might be a possible compromise.
>
> otherwise, well, Someone(TM) really needs to have a little chat with
> the usb stack...

Yeah, I get that stuff when I use my cheap (unpowered) usb hdd.  When
those messages get going I'll often lose the mount and
unplugging/replugging the drive doesn't help.  A reboot is usually
needed.  It almost feels like things would be okay if I could increase
the power to the drive, or something.