Re: Kernel panic in 5.99.24

I've got a couple of amd64 boxes running. One of them has had no problems with crash dumps, and the dumps have come in handy to debug with gdb.

On the other hand, the other box tries to dump, and appears to succeed with the core. But upon a reboot, after savecore(8) copies the dump to /var/crash, it seems to fail with writing the kernel image. The kernel file in /var/crash is always zero bytes long!

And, even if I specify some other copy of the kernel, the dump itself seems unusable. gdb cannot process it.