Re: fsck seg fault failure on vmware -i386?

> On Sun, 24 Jan 2010, David Holland wrote:
>> > Is there any other NetBSD-Fu I can use to fix this simply? 8-)
>> Ooh boy. No, but we don't like to see fsck crashing. Are you willing
>> to try debugging it complicatedly?
> Wouldn't this be a good time to learn about mounting the file system
> via rump?  At the very least, your whole system won't crash, and it
> might be easier to debug with gdb than with ddb.
> :)

Paul and David,

Sure, will take a shot at diagnosis with whatever tools and time I have.
I've used gdb in some light debugging, never meddled in ddb that I'm aware.

Point me to docs and/or give me a rough series of commands / objectives
and I'll give it a try.