Re: The read and write timeouts story, next stage...

On Jan 6, 2010, at 7:07 PM, Teemu Rinta-aho wrote:

> I have not yet studied the FreeBSD source code but it seems that

> the software makes a difference here. I don't know if FreeBSD has
> some cludges to bypass some hardware bugs. However, it seems to work
> so far from the system admin point of view..

FWIW, I also tested with Ubuntu 9.10 and RAID-1 with Linux's md.
I ran bonnie++ with 30 rounds many times and I copied 150+ gigs
of data with full 1 Gbps line speed and I did not
get any lost interrupts after several days of uptime.

However, after trying FreeBSD and Linux I would like to
Linux seem to have some odd minor problems that nobody
seems to care fixing. Too bad I don't know how could I
help more with this issue.

BR,
Teemu