Re: cgd + lvm

On Jan,Tuesday 12 2010, at 10:04 AM, Matthias Scheler wrote:

> On 10 Jan 2010, at 7:07, charlie wrote:
>> Has anyone experimented with configuring cgd with lvm to create a full disk
>> encryption or an encrypted home?
>
> No, I only tried LVM on top of RAIDframe. I guess that LVM on CGD should
> just work, while CGD on LVM might cause problems because of the order
> in which things are configured during system startup.

If it cause problem to configure CGD on top of LVM it should be fixed. Because
that is the right way how it should be done IMHO. Because this way you have
flexibility of lvm with cgd encryption on top of it.

>> My efforts to uncover any documentation or information regarding this
>> has been fruitless.
>
> LVM is documented here:
>
>       http://www.netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/chap-lvm.html
>
> It doesn't make much difference whether you put LVM on top of a
> physical disk, RAIDframe or CGD.

Please if you will be able to get cgd on lvm running let me know, I can try to
write new chapter in our guide.

Regards

Adam.