Re: cgd + lvm

On 10 Jan 2010, at 7:07, charlie wrote:
> Has anyone experimented with configuring cgd with lvm to create a full disk
> encryption or an encrypted home?

No, I only tried LVM on top of RAIDframe. I guess that LVM on CGD should
just work, while CGD on LVM might cause problems because of the order
in which things are configured during system startup.

> My efforts to uncover any documentation or information regarding this
> has been fruitless.

LVM is documented here:

        http://www.netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/chap-lvm.html

It doesn't make much difference whether you put LVM on top of a
physical disk, RAIDframe or CGD.

        Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                           http://zhadum.org.uk/