Re: KDE4 on NetBSD 5.99.2

On Tuesday 05 January 2010 10:10:37 Matthias Drochner wrote:
> dtyson%liv.ac.uk@localhost said:
> > kmail - a lot more stable than 3.5.10, really good, but some issues
> > with
> >             gpg signing/encyrption.
>
> I'm not using KDE myself atm, but since I changed the gpgme pkg
> recently to use gpg2 and enabled s/mime in the default
> configuration I'd like to know whether this changes anything
> (to the better or the worse) for kmail.
> (I've tested with claws-mail, and s/mime signature checking worked.)
>
> best regards
> Matthias

Hi Matthias,
I realised after I posted that I meant decryption - I use gpgme/gnupg2 and
these make signing and encryption work OK. Its the decryption which doesn't
happen automatically - you enter your key and something fails to pick up the
decrypted text and display it. I really should investigate further - it may be
a piping issue. You can work around it quite easily nd I don't use encrytion
that often..

Phone: 07805784357
WWW:   http://www.liv.ac.uk/~dtyson
Open Source O/S: www.netbsd.org