Re: Building netbsd-5 on OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)

On Fri, Dec 25, 2009 at 07:35:33PM -0500, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 25, 2009 at 11:38:37PM +0000, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> >
> > On 25 Dec 2009, at 23:19, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> > > The following workarounds and patch come *close* to allowing building
> > > the netbsd-5 branch on OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard):
> >
> > All which is necessary on my system is to apply this patch:
> (Patch removing <group.h>)
> Clever!  I started down that path but didn't think of what you did.

I don't deserve the praise, it was Frank Zerangue (see PR toolchain/42014)
who came up with this bit.

> Do you get the right uids on the destination files when doing an
> unprivileged build?

Yes, I think so. The build didn't die during the "mtree" phase because
it couldn't find the "everyone" group which it did at some point
in the past.

        Kind regards

Matthias Scheler