Re: Building netbsd-5 on OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)

On Fri, Dec 25, 2009 at 11:38:37PM +0000, Matthias Scheler wrote:

> On 25 Dec 2009, at 23:19, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> > The following workarounds and patch come *close* to allowing building
> > the netbsd-5 branch on OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard):
>
> All which is necessary on my system is to apply this patch:

(Patch removing <group.h>)

Clever!  I started down that path but didn't think of what you did.

Do you get the right uids on the destination files when doing an
unprivileged build?  The problem I kept having was with mtree: the
build pass would write OS X UIDs into the metalog, or the build pass
would write NetBSD usernames but the sets pass would try to look up
the UIDs using the OS X passwd functions -- I could cause either
problem at will but couldn't manage to get sets built with the right
UID/GIDs in them no matter what I did!

There's also an issue with <sys/mtio.h> in my tree but that may have been
fixed.  I worked around by copying mtio.h from a 10.5 system.

Thor