Re: device timeouts on hard disks no matter what..

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 11:13:15PM +0200, Teemu Rinta-aho wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 10:08:33PM +0200, Teemu Rinta-aho wrote:
> > unfortunably no, not at this time. It could be an issue with a
> > specific revision of this AHCI controller ...
>
> But at least it is not the only controller I have that has problems.
> I get also write timeouts on my Intel Mini-ITX which has piixide
> if I remember correctly.

Well, I use both piixide(4) and ahcisata(4) with raidframe
(and other pciide controllers too) and each time I got timeout
issues (or random I/O error from the drives) this got fixed
with a stronger PSU or cable remplacement. All my raidframe devices
are working fine these days.